Old Vantage Hwy
Quincy, WA 98848
S E R E N E anchors will be taught in this course. Solid anchors are the cornerstone of safety management in rock climbing and rock rescue.
This course will be held, as with all other courses, at Frenchman Coulee but can also be offered at Smith Rocks, Leavenworth, Moab, Red Rocks or many other rock climbing locations.
Climbing Anchors Clinic Content
- Placing gear i.e. cams, nuts, chocks, tri-cams, hexes
- Utilizing natural features such as solid boulders, trees, etc
- Efficient anchor selection
- Combining natural features with placed gear
- Evaluating exiting bolts for soundness
- Sling/Cordelette use and strength
- Appropriate knots for anchors
- Belaying directly from anchors
- Anchor set-ups for rappelling
No previous climbing experience required and all rock climbing gear will be provided, although using your personal gear is welcome.